Appropriate regular exercise has been proven to reduce chronic pain. Once patients gain proficiency in this program, they can expect their daily activities to be more comfortable, and they will tolerate higher daily activity levels with less pain. In addition, patients who are receiving interventional pain injections or procedures should expect the maximum benefit from those procedures when performed in conjunction with our specialized rehab program. MAPS PT is designed to complement interventional pain procedures and is directed toward promoting the most long-term relief possible from medical interventions received at MAPS.
Successful rehabilitation approaches are different for acute pain patients versus chronic pain patients. We understand these differences and tailor our approach to the patient’s needs. Our physical therapy staff brings an excellent clinical background in successful physical therapy treatment planning so that your patient reaches maximum functional outcomes and rehabilitation goals. Our focus is on maximizing active therapies and minimizing passive therapy modalities.
We are pleased to offer the following physical therapy treatment options to patients, with modifications for chronic pain when appropriate:
- Spine stabilization training
- MedX cervical and lumbar rehabilitation
- Pilates reformer, ball and mat rehabilitation
- Advanced manual therapy and joint mobilization
- Myofascial release and soft tissue mobilization
- Strain counterstrain therapy
- Biofeedback training
- Pelvic floor manual and exercise therapies
- Acute orthopedic rehabilitation
- Functional capacity evaluations (FCE)
- Warm, saltwater pool therapy and aftercare
- Sympathetic Treatment System (STS), infrared light therapy, traction, TENS
MAPS provides pool and land physical therapy services in Edina, Maple Grove and Coon Rapids.