MedX Cervical and Lumbar Rehabilitation
Combining patient education with specialized exercise and the selective use of spinal injection offers patients with refractory back pain the best chance for recovery. The MAPS MedX rehabilitation program coordinates these modalities into an intensive, multi-week rehabilitation plan designed for patients with persistent spinal pain. The MedX Program utilizes the most sophisticated computerized exercise equipment available, allowing for safe but vigorous exercise even for patients with severe spinal conditions.
Our specially trained physical therapists use MedX equipment to safely rehabilitate spinal musculature, even in patients with severe, chronic spinal conditions.
Components of MAPS MedX Program
The MAPS MedX Program includes the following:
1. Initial comprehensive physical therapy evaluation includes:
- Comprehensive history and physical examination
- Review of medical records and previous diagnostic studies
- Formulation of working diagnosis
- Formal dictated report and communication with the referral source
2. Intensive, medically directed exercise. We use MedX computer-enhanced equipment for musculoskeletal analysis and scientific rehabilitation of spinal musculature over a period of weeks.
3. Intensive patient education.
4. Outcomes measurement. Pre and post strength testing and analysis available.
In many cases, exercise therapy coordinated with spinal injection will restore functional ability more quickly and effectively than either treatment alone. Our goals are to avoid surgical intervention, reduce pain, improve function, and decrease healthcare utilization. We hope to reduce repeated use of the healthcare system by fostering an attitude of self reliance and by giving patients the skills they need to survive and flourish with spinal conditions.